|[ Japanese ][ Chinese ][ Korean ]||illustration by kiyo & hidew|
You can play Go on WING
with your web browser.
(Internet Explorer 5.0 or above recommended)
Friendly,Fun,Free: For All Go Lovers!
WING (World-wide InterNet Gokaisho) is an Internet "gokaisho" ("go club" in Japanese) for Go lovers all around the world. Open 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, it is absolutely *free*, maintained by a group of volunteers.
To logon, simply start up your favorite standard Internet go client software (see below - telnet will also do), and connect to the following address/port:
Most of the standard server commands such as who, games, tell, and automatch work as they do elsewhere. Be sure to register first. The following standard Internet Go client programs have been tested on WING:
- A clearly defined, well thought out, open rating system that works for handicap games as well.
- New commands and features to discourage escapers.
- Multilingual support for help files, system messages, shout / tell / kibitz, etc. (Currently limited to English and Japanese, other languages to be supported as time and resources permit. Any volunteers to help us with the translation?)
There are much, much more... join us today and find out!
Click here!! for more information.
The WING server software is still in test phase. Although it is reasonably stable now, you may still encounter some minor problems. There are absolutely no obligations whatsoever, but we would very much appreciate your help in finding the bugs. If you find a problem, please tell us about it at email@example.com.Known problems include:
- Some of the help files are a little outdated and/or out of synch.
- The rating system is still being fine-tuned, and its behavior may change from time to time.
There is also an English mailing list to discuss issues related to WING. To join it, write a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following line at the top of the mail body:#subscribe Your Name
If you are new to Internet Go...We intend to offer a comprehensive Beginner's Guide to WING, but have not gotten around to doing that just yet. For now, please refer to other Internet Go resources listed below that describe how to play Go on other Internet servers such as IGS, NNGS and LGS. Details may differ, but the principles are the same.
.....By the way, there is a help file for beginners. Click here!!
- Go, an Addictive Game
- Yahoo! - Recreation:Games:Board Games:Go
- AGA/ING North American Masters Go Tournament
- NNGS(No Name Go Server) HomePage
[for beginners] [New features] [Rating system] [Rating point]
[New Commands] [Basic Commands] [Rank] [Rank standard]
[Multilingual support] [Japanese] [Chinese] [Korean]